Basic Carpet Care.
The following carpet programme will only be effective if started on a new carpet or on which has been restored by a good professional clean.
1. Quality walk-
2. Vacuum your carpet thoroughly and at least once daily in well used areas to prevent soil from settling into the pile. Ensure that your vacuum cleaner is well maintained and that the bag is charged regularly. Brushes, bristle strips and beater bars can cause pilling or fuzzing (especially on loop pile carpets).
3. Remove spills and marks immediately, prompt action will prevent the pillage from penetrating the fibre and becoming fixed. Maintain heavy traffic routes with duo powder from time to time.
4. If the above care is taken, your need for professional cleaning will be far less. However, do not wait until your carpet becomes to dirty before arranging a general clean by a reputable professional cleaner.
* Remember that soil resistance treatments are most effective if regular and correct maintenance procedures are followed from the outset.
* Rather consult a professional before you do irreparable damage to your carpet, should you be unsure, of, or unsuccessful with a treatment.
Spot Removal Procedures.
1. It is most important to clean up spills and marks immediately. the best method is to blot up liquids with white paper towels or white absorbent cloths. Scoop up solids with the blunt edge of a knife, a spoon or a spatula working inwards from the edge of the mark.
2. Treat mark with the suitable cleaning products as recommended on the reserve hereof. Each carpet care product carries direction which should be followed. Note: never rub, scrub or brush a mark as this can spread it and damage the carpet pile as can overwetting.
3. Heavy duty product cleaners will leave sticky detergent residues after use, which promote re-
4. do not brush –